Sunday, April 20, 2014

Granada with Pete

Leaving the lake we decided to split a cab ride with Maartin, our new Dutch friend who was also headed to Granada, instead of being squished onto a bus on an erratic holiday schedule. The staff at La Libertad were happy to see us again for the... Fifth?... time and this time they had many rooms available. After settling in we all went for lunch at the Garden Cafe, filling my craving for a really good salad. Before dark I started in on fixing my flat tire and changing out my tires for my two new Schwalbes Pete brought me from Vancouver. The next morning we were headed to San Carlos via ferry but not before fixing the hole I missed in my tube. Rigel stopped for a burrito to go, while Erin and Peter got fruit smoothies. The ferry was PACKED with people. The Thursday ferry hadn't run so the monday ferry had a back up of people and merchandise. Pete rented a hammock chair, while Erin and Rigel mostly stuck to the crowded indoor benches. In either case, none of us got a solid nights sleep on the supposed 14 hour ferry ride that took closer to 18 hours due to crowds and delays. Bryan and Maggie got on the ferry at Ometepe and thus had a 13 hour ferry ride too. We found a hotel in San Carlos on the San Juan river, both within a few hours of the costa rican border, and a short plane ride away from Managua for dad.



No comments:

Post a Comment